I am absolutely 100% committed to beginning a healthy new chapter in my life today. TODAY. (As in, eight hours from now when I wake up.)
I spent several hours in the kitchen Sunday afternoon cleaning and chopping vegetables. I read a book over the weekend (Paleoista: Gain Energy, Get Lean, and Feel Fabulous With the Diet You Were Born to Eat) which helped me say, "Okay, I can do this."
I'm ready to do this.
Here are a few reasons:
1) I don't want a hip replacement in twenty years.
2) I prefer not to experience diabetes in the future.
3) I am super embarrassed by my appearance.
4) I have nothing to wear, even though I have a closet full of clothes.
5) I'd like to walk for hours without my back and feet hurting.
Being fat has no upside, other than the fact that you can be invisible if you are fat, but I'm a little sick of being invisible. Also? Fat ladies have cushiony laps for babies. Other than that? No upside.