So, a week into this 14-Day Fresh Start and I've lost 4.5 pounds.
Woo-hoo! Well, actually I feel more like this: woo-hoo. (I have so far to go.)
No, actually I am thrilled and I think I am finally (?) ready to be serious about losing weight. I would dearly love to wear more of the clothes in my closet. I would like to get dressed without having to disguise myself.
Here are five more reasons I need/want to lose weight:
1) To improve my looks. What can I see? I'm vain.
2) To improve my physical stamina. My youngest child is 9. I need some energy!
3) To decrease my chances of developing heart disease and diabetes and cancer.
4) To decrease back pain and joint pain. I don't like feeling old!
5) I hate being fat! I hate looking fat, being invisible, feeling embarrassed.
Funny thing . . . I started with "ten reasons" and could only come up with five. Maybe because it's so late. I'm sure there are way more than five reasons.
What reasons would you add? Why do you want to lose weight?